Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cemetery Weather


I need somebody, somebody
crazy enough to tell me
I will love you till the end
till we are buried
our bodies
buried close together
in the cemetery weather.


So for my first week of photographs I've been running a little far behind (my deepest
apologies for that). It took me a little while to find my inspiration of such but I finally decided upon a combination of two artists works. Idris Khan and Vincent Serbin. Both of these artist works I really like, in fact I actually studied them a few years back in my AS photography class at high school. I however decided to focus on a different way to take i
nfluence from their works. I am quite happy with what I came up with seeing as how originally when I took the photos I didn't see much potential in them but now I think there was immense potential.






These photos I chose to take in black and white as I personally have a great love for monochromatic photographs but I also feel like colour would not have suited my aim and mood for these particular shots. I created these abstract images by overlaying various photos of shadows, textures and spider webs. These photos to me give a sense of mystery and sorrow, and seem almost eerie. The idea for these shots came from viewing the artworks of some of my favourite photographers, Vincent Serbin and Idris Khan. I took different aspects from both photographers styles and made it my own.

As I said before, it took me a while to get into my series of photos this week but eventually once I had I found myself rather happy with what I produced.





No comments:

Post a Comment