Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cloud Nine


If you want to live, let live
If you want to go, let go.


So for this week I decided to base my photographs upon the basic theme of "Clouds" or the sky. I used photos from numerous artists I discovered online as inspiration to get a more varied sense of style and ideas. It was at times a little difficult to find interesting and unique cloud patterns but eventually with patience some emerged. I also took the idea from a few of the photos I found to incorporate a more solid object in the foreground so as to create more interest and contrast as numerous pictures of just clouds can get a little monotonous.






I also decided to experiment with different colours and tones, trying to bring forth different moods and feelings from the sky. I also played around with exposure bracketing, trying to see which would give more bold and defined cloud patterns. Overall the experience was good and allowed me to try and think creatively of the different ways in which I could take photographs with the same main theme in different and new ways. It also allowed me to play around with exposure and light and try to enhance the natural beauty of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment