Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heart-Shaped Box

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been in this heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer away

This week I decided to embrace my love of black and white photography by mimicking the style of one of my favourite photographers, Vincent Serbin. I found this lot of shots to be pretty easy to get into and I had a lot of fun researching Serbin and finding some photographs of his I'd never seen before. He is a great inspiration to me and I really love his unique style. These photos required very little editing (only a little contrast adjusting and burning) so I managed to get them done fairly quickly. Shooting in black and white I think is a very unique skill to be able to do so and still keep the image as bold and interesting as its colour counterpart. Overall this weeks collection was pretty easy to achieve due to my immense motivation and eagerness to find out more about a photographer who I have looked up to for quite some time. Looking forward to finding some new inspiration for my next shots =].





No comments:

Post a Comment